Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 400g canned black beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 carrot, chopped into 3-4 pieces
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour + extra for coating
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- To Serve:
- Beetroot Hummus
- Tomato slices
- Red Onion rounds
- Gluten free burger buns, cut in half (optional)
- To make the burger patties, first add the carrot pieces into the food processor and press chop. Once the food processor has finished chopping, turn food processor to low and add in the quartered onion. Once the onion is finely chopped, turn off the food processor and scrape down the sides.
- Next add the blackbeans, black pepper, sea salt, garlic granules, cumin, coriander and buckwheat flour to the food processor. Process on high until well combined. The mixture will be quite sticky.
- Flour a large dinner plate and hands with extra buckwheat flour. Divide the mixture into four and form into patties (the patties will be quite soft and need to be re-shaped on the plate).
- Once all patties are formed, add extra virgin olive oil to a frypan and bring to a medium heat. Add the patties one to two at a time, depending on the size of your frying pan. Cook for about 5 minutes each side or until browned and crispy on the outsides.
- Once cooked, transfer patties to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm while cooking remaining patties.
- Serve on burger buns of choice topped with beetroot hummus, tomato slices, red onion, rocket and mayonnaise.