PREP: 15 MINUTES + PROVING TIME 1 HOUR | PREHEAT: 2 ½ MINUTES | COOK: 15 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
400g strong plain flour
1 sachet fast action/easy bake yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
250-300ml tepid water
Flaked sea salt for sprinkling
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the flour, yeast, salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and gradually mix in water with your hands until the dough starts to form a ball. It may be a bit sticky.
2. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for ten minutes until the dough is smooth.
3. Line the crisper basket with baking parchment coming about 5cm up the sides. It doesn’t need to be neat and perfect. Take the dough and place it into the crisping basket, spreading it out roughly to the corners. (It will spread further and fill the basket as it proofs)
4. Cover the crisper basket with cling film and leave to proof at room temperature for a minimum 1 hour or until double in size.
5. Insert cooking pot in unit and close lid. Select BAKE, set temperature to 180°C, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
6. Drizzle oil over the surface of the focaccia. Use both hands to dimple the dough all over the surface by digging the finger tips in. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes
7. When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place the crisper basket into the pot and close the lid. Check the focaccia after about 12 minutes. It will sound hollow when tapped if cooked and should be nicely browned on top. When the focaccia is cooked, carefully lift the crisping basket out of the unit and remove the focaccia on the baking parchment. Transfer the focaccia onto a cooling rack, removing the parchment from under it. Serve hot or warm.