PREP: 30 MINUTES | MARINATE: 2-12 HOURS | GRILL: 12 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 KEBABS
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
600g sirloin steak, cut in 2.5cm cubes
1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut in 2.5cm pieces
1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut in 2.5cm pieces
1 red onion, cut in 2.5cm pieces
1 small zucchini, cut in 2.5cm pieces
100g baby button mushrooms
6 wooden kebab skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Serve with rice
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, herbs and season to taste.
- Add steak and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the skewers from the water. Beginning with steak, skewer the meat and vegetables, alternating each.
- Brush the kebabs with additional marinade. Place on oven tray and place tray in oven on wire rack.
- Turn unit ON. Select GRILL, select HI and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- When cooking is complete, serve hot on a bed of rice.