PREP: 20 MINUTES | AIR FRY: 25 MINUTES | ROAST: 25 MINUTES | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
675g sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1.5cm pieces
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt plus more, for taste with potatoes
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 teaspoons dried sage, divided
450g sausage meat
½ large onion, peeled, diced
4 large eggs, poached or fried (optional)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1. In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Insert a crisper plate into zone 1. Place potatoes in zone 1 drawer, then insert drawer in unit. Spread out the sausage meat in zone 2 drawer (without the crisper plate inserted), then insert drawer in unit.
3. Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 200°C and set time to 30 minutes. Select zone 2, select ROAST, set temperature to 200°C, and set time to 20 minutes. Press the START/STOP button to begin cooking.
4. When zone 2 time reaches 17 minutes, remove drawer from unit and stir sausage with a wooden spoon. Add onion and stir to combine. Reinsert drawer to continue cooking.
5. When zone 1 time reaches 12 minutes, remove drawer from unit and shake drawer for 10 seconds. Stir in half the sage. Reinsert drawer to continue cooking.
6. When cooking is complete, remove both drawers from the unit and add potatoes to the sausage mixture. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sage, chilli powder, 1 teaspoon salt and mix thoroughly.
7. Serve immediately with a poached or fried egg on top, if desired.