PREP: 35 MINUTES |TOTAL COOK TIME: 55 MINUTES |MAKES: 8-10 SERVINGS | STEAM: 20 MINUTES |COOK: 35 MINUTES|ACCESSORY: 20cmROUND SPRINGFORM CAKE TIN
80g digestive biscuit crumbs
65g unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
Zest of 1 unwaxed orange
900g cream cheese, room temperature
175g granulated sugar
100g sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
450g frozen mixed berries
45g granulated sugar
Fresh berries and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the base ingredients and mix until fully combined. Transfer the mixture to the springform cake tin and press into an even layer on the bottom of the tin.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and beat until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until fully combined. If using a hand or stand mixer, use a medium speed to avoid over-beating the eggs. Pour the filling over the base.
- Add the berry sauce ingredients to the pot and stir until evenly combined.
- Place the tin on the reversible rack in the lower position, then place the rack in the pot. Close the lid and move slider to the middle position.
- Select STEAM BAKE, set temperature to 120°C and set time to 35 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (this will STEAM for approximately 20 minutes before switching to STEAM BAKE).
- When cooking is complete, the cheesecake will still be wobbly in the centre. Remove the rack and tin and allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours before serving to give it a firmer texture.
- Take the cheesecake out the refrigerator, slice with a wet knife, and serve with berry sauce.